Tuesday, November 22, 2011

LJL's First "Art" Project

Since Thanksgiving is just a few days away, I found this DIY Thanksgiving decor idea online at http://zitzmanfam.blogspot.com/


I thought it would be a great item to display at our "Friendsgiving" party on Thanksgiving Eve.  HOWEVER, a 15 month old who was ready for bed has NO interest in finger painting.  I set everything up so as soon as my husband got home I would have an extra set of hands to assist.  Since LJL wasn't really into it, there is only 1 picture of the project in action....


Fast forward through a bit of a temper tantrum and enough time for the paint to dry and here is the final product....


I purchased the supplies from JoAnn Fabric: frame for $5.99 (60% off!), scrapbook paper ($.69), paint ($.59), and scrapbook letters ($1.99).  Total project = $9.26.

Homemade artwork from my son's 2nd Thanksgiving that we can have forever!

((Since this is my first pin project, I learned to take more pictures along with way.  My next posts will include my photos and step by step instructions.))

No comments:

Post a Comment