Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Homemade Valentine's Day cards

One thing I love about Pinterest is the plethora of ideas around the holidays!  As Valentine's Day approaches, I thought I would give DIY cards a try this year.  I found these adorable Valentine's Day cards on a blog via Pinterest (http://adamandhaleykjar.blogspot.com/2011/02/homemade-valentines.html).

This is my second Arts & Crafts attempt to get LJL to paint.  We let him play with the paint first and then tried getting his handprint....



A couple things I learned....
- The plastic basters from the kitchen drawer make great paint brushes that are easy to clean up! (I think these red ones are from Crate & Barrel).
- Although washable finger paint was easy to clean up, it didn't make for very good handprints
- A sweet treat helps bribe an 18 month old to participate
- You can never have enough spare paper towels around

I used a variety of scrapbook paper that I had in my craft box, craft glue, markers, and pictures of LJL which I edited to black and white in Picassa.



 I can't wait to send these out to our family! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment