Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Little Turkey

My husband and his friends play bowling the day after Thanksgiving for the past 15+ years.  Last year, we made a onesie for LJL that said "My First Turkey Bowl".  It was cute since he was only 3 months old.  Well this year we needed to come up with something better...his very own turkey costume!  We found a few options for buying a turkey costume online but they seemed rather expensive.  My mom, the great crafter she is, decided we could make our own.  After a few conversations of planning, digging through L's clothes to find items we could use, and a trip to JoAnn Fabrics, we had all the supplies and started our adventure.  The hardest part was trying to get a 15 month to sit still for measurements and fittings...


It took a few evenings and a Saturday afternoon but we completed it without another trip to the craft store.  I'm pretty proud of my little turkey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment